Course schedule for Summer 2013
For Summer, 2013, the CLC is offering two intensive sessions in Arabic:
Session I: Monday, June 10 to Friday, June 28th.
Session II: Monday, July 1st to Friday, July 19th
Please check with our Arabic Program Coodinator, Mr. Brahim Zoubairi zoubairi @ clcmorocco . org (without spaces), concerning the levels being offered and other details.
All courses run five days a week, Monday through Friday.
Arabic 1001 and 1002 (60 contact hours each): 2 hours per morning, 2 hours in the afternoon, with a 15-minute break between each hour.
For higher levels (45 contact hours each): 2 hours per morning and one hour in the afternoon.
TUITION & FEES
- Tuition 1001 or 1002 (=60 contact hours/level)………………………….6400 dh / level
- Tuition per level above 1002 (=45 contact hours/level)………….…..5600 dh/ level
- Administrative fee (non-reimbursable except if the course is cancelled by the CLC)……….800 dh (upon application)
Students may bring their own copies of the books below or purchase them from the CLC.
Alif-Ba (second edition) …………………………………. 400 dh *
al-Kitab fi ta‘allum al-‘arabiya Part One ……………600 dh *
al-Kitab fi ta‘allum al-‘arabiya Part Two …………..600 dh *
(all by Kristin Brustad and Mahmoud Al-Batal)
**Please check with our program coordinator , Mr. Brahim Zoubairi zoubairi @ clcmorocco . org (without spaces), concerning the textbook you will be using for your level. Prices for these books in Morocco may vary according to the dollar/dirham exchange rate. The US price for these books through Amazon or some other retailer is substantially is lower.
1. Students applying for these courses (for university credit hours) through the University of Georgia, Athens, should be familiar with the information provide here .
2. Tuition may be paid in dollars, Euros, pounds, or dirhams by direct bank transfer. Please contact the CLC Director, Michael Fitzgerald ( fitzgerald @ clcmorocco . org without spaces) for details on how to do this. We are unable to accept payment by check or credit card from abroad, although credit/bank card payments may be made by someone already in Morocco. The current rate of exchange between the dirham and other currencies may be found by clicking here.
3. Tuition is based on a class that has 5 or more students enrolled in it (with the limit being 10). If the class you sign up for has 3 or 4 students in it, the total number of hours offered will be reduced proportionately, since the remaining students will be given a greater amount of personal attention and participation time. Classes with fewer than three students will be cancelled and all fees refunded.
4. Reimbursement policy applying to all students:
Refunds requested 30 days or more before the first class of the session = 100% of tuition; admin fee non-refundable.
Refunds requested 29 to 15 days before the first class of the session = 50% of tuition; admin fee non-refundable.
No reimbursements are possible after fifteen days before the first class of the session.
The CLC provides a number of apartments within walking distance of the school which may be rented individually or shared. These apartments are fully furnished with AC, satellite TV, washing machines, and other amenities. For other details concerning the apartments, contact CLC Director, Michael Fitzgerald (fitzgerald @ clcmorocco . org without spaces).
There are also a number of moderately-priced hotels (about 35 dollars a night and up) in the neighborhood of the CLC. For details, use the email given above.