Each of the exchange programs we host is tailored to the unique academic and cultural goals of the participating University. We rely on our experience, knowledge of Morocco and connections with various individuals and organizations to provide a safe, educational, and transformational experience to all our visiting students.
Here is a list of some of the program components that the CLC can provide or arrange:
- Arabic language instruction, in an intensive setting. Both survival Moroccan Arabic (darija) and Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) are taught in our language lab.
- Use of the facilities for lectures given by the visiting professors who accompany the exchange programs.
- Arranging homestays for participating students from among our Moroccan student body.
- Orientation by CLC staff upon arrival in Morocco
- Meals, usually lunch and coffee/tea breaks.
- Arranging the logistics involved with airport pickup, as well as arranging trips to other Moroccan locations, such as the Sahara desert, Fez, Casablanca, etc.
- Onsite support with any problems that may arise, such as medical needs.
- Providing students with cell phones and an emergency contact that is available at any time, day or night.
- Arranging guest lectures by Moroccan professors and speakers.
- Organizing inter-cultural dialogues between the American and Moroccan students with our trained facilitators.
- Cultural events such as a music concert by local musicians.
- Volunteer projects like painting a local school or visiting the orphanage.